Insurance is only one component of risk management. Asset valuation and documentation, loss prevention programs combined with staff training are critical to managing risk. As your risk management partner, we leverage our experience and resources to help you develop the correct risk management strategies for your facilities and staff to help reduce risk and achieve the lowest long-term costs.
For more than 50 years, the North American Solutions family of companies has worked with public entities to help navigate the complex issues of developing and managing public entity insurance programs. Creating proprietary solutions led NAS to specialize in risk program development and administration.
Our extensive experience currently provides program governance encompassing over 200 public entities with over 125,000 employees and $20 Billion in property assets.
- Strategic Planning — The right strategy makes all the difference. The evaluation and thought process required to be successful must consider the whole of a program’s products and services, claims experience, risk management techniques, member relations, operational costs, governance and more.
- Governance / Administration — Our experience working with program management, governing boards and committees, helps us facilitate educational materials, meetings, governance documents, guiding principles, operations manuals and other administrative best practices.
- Underwriting — NAS can help a new program design and implement a complete underwriting and policy administration program, or work with an existing program looking for new administration. All program services are governed by policy and procedures manuals we agree to with program management and in accordance with any reinsurer requirements.
- Insurance / Reinsurance — Key to any program success is global access to all insurance / reinsurance markets for the long-term protection of the program and its members. NAS clients benefit from our scale, experience and established relationships with domestic and international insurers specializing in serving public entities.
- Sales & Marketing — To facilitate program retention and growth, NAS deploys global resources to support new business development and member renewals. We continually invest in proven tools to build the program brand and implement a communications strategy. We manage the online transaction tools that differentiates your insurance program from competitive offerings — while building lasting loyalty and community for current members.
Consulting — We work directly with programs and with program administrators who need specialty expertise to supplement their own services. Consulting services can include (but are not limited to):
- Coverage document language review and design
- Development and review of rating methodologies
- Underwriting policy and procedures manuals
- Underwriting audits
Accurate building and contents valuation is critical for maintaining adequate coverage of district assets. All too often, property values are a combination of in-house estimates with inadequate documentation of improvements or additions over the years. Rising construction costs combined with an outdated property valuation can create unacceptable exposure to the fund balance in the event of a major property claim. NAS can provide annual property valuations to confirm the buildings and contents are properly valued at replacement cost.
Facility Safety Surveys
State Education codes requires schools to have a Multi-Hazard Emergency Operations Plan, including performing Safety and Security Audits. NAS can provide a district risk assessment, reviewing safety policies and training, as well as physical hazard risks to help the district maintain the highest safety
Safety and Security Audits
State Education codes require schools to conduct facility security audits frequently. Schools must also report the results of security audits to state safety centers in addition to their local board of trustees. NAS can provide Safety and Security Audits for clients to help ensure compliance with state-mandated procedures and improve safety and security at all facilities.
Driver Safety Training
School bus drivers work in a mobile, dynamic environment. Traffic, routes, weather, and student distraction can all affect driver performance. We entrust our children to their care, and want to ensure they have the best training available. NAS Driver Training provides school-based bus and car driver education to help drivers improve and maintain the highest standard in school transportation.